Monday, November 22, 2010

Finally made it to the Hospital

I am sitting here finally with Marshall.  I showed up at the hospital late morning for the 1st time since they left Friday afternoon.  I hated missing his 1st Transfusion, but you know, oh well, no biggie I will unfortunately see more of those, so I am not going to loose sleep over that one. 

Marshall feels like a new man!!!! let me tell you.......man!!!! where did this kid come from?  also, when he takes a hit from the "BAD" pump...he balances it with a Red Bull...Oh Yeah, that's why I am still up at this hour. 

Brian and I had to leave bc a bunch of girls came by from Fr Ryan....and we went to go and eat.  When we got back, they had all left, but another new found friend stopped by that has dealt with Leukemia.  We got to meet her mom for the first time.  It was nice just sitting in the quiet room and talking about various things.  We really just touched the surface of different thing...  Of course we didn't go really deep into anything, but got a glimpse and it's nice to chat with someone that can actually correct you when you pronounce some "technical" term wrong....LOL! We couldn't even say what was wrong with Marshall.....she actually helped us.  The three of us hung out in the "quiet room" as long as we could but she had to go and get her daughter bc she had to study for a PSAT. 

Marshall enjoyed his time and hated seeing them leave as we did, but we will meet up again.

We jammed to some tunes, talked Titans with our nurse, and such.....then Marshall listened to his music and I put my earplugs in and listened to mine.....He would joke that the music was too loud.....NOT he was giving me a hard time bc he couldn't get my attention.....BTW got him back just about 15 min ago when I told him HIS music was too loud bc he had in his earplugs...LOL

OH!  party going on again in this room...we be listening to "like a G 6" we got 2 nurses in here.....so, it was getting quiet we were just writing on our own.....and then PARTY! and now we are listening to Jeff Gaffigan.....it's what time?  and I have to be normal tomorrow.....oh, well, no different than the weekend I had with all the sickness.......

Anyway, Marshall is doing great...he has two gorgeous nurses at his beck and call right now.  So i put in my earplugs and am writing this....feel a little out of it....like the 4th wheel.  You as a parent will realize that these awesome nurses are here for your kids and they focus on them  which is awesome!!! but there come times that you just aren't part of the joke....etc...I am happy to just be here in my own world.....

I best be going...I guess I best try to sleep....

No comments:

Post a Comment