Saturday, October 23, 2010

Well, I don't know if you're supposed to post only once or what a day.  It is dinner time and both Marshall and Brian are sleeping...hmmmm.  Football is on...Auburn vs LSU.  Auburn winning 24/17 with about 3:27 min to go. Aren't the boys supposed to be watching this?  Anyway, love football and love the Fall and our football games on TV.

I am waiting for my mom to fly in.  She is somewhere over New Mexico as we speak.  The kids are so excited to see her!!!! Shoot, so am I.  I haven't been home since yesterday early morning and I have no clue what the house looks like.  The kids were taken care of at our house both today and yesterday which was a stress off my mind. 

How do you be a mom to two different families?  That is what I feel like sometimes.  One family is Marshall and the Cancer/Hospital visits and then our 'original' family at home.  I think in the last two weeks we had maybe 2 or 3 meals as a family.  With Marshall being sick, ER or Chemo for the recommended days.

The kids seem to be doing okay.  Sean our 6 year old is a little more whiny but who knows.  Aidan is definately more clingy towards me and hates me leaving.  We do hang out at the house during the week though when we are home and not in the hospital with Marshall.

Granted this is all so new to us.  This hospital visit is just our second of hmmmm, 14 Chemo treatments with surgery and Radiation in between.  So, who knows whats gonna happen.....LOL 

Our 8th Grade Religious Ed class came to the house today to rake up leaves.  We have 4 huge trees in our yard and it's a 2 time deal.  Once now and then have to do it again towards the end.  It worked out perfect bc the 8th grade class needs service hours for Confirmation and Brian just didn't have time and lost one of his main helpers.....So, Happy Anniversary Present!!!!!!!!!  It was supposed to be a surprise but Catherine didn't realize it and asked if we knew they were coming.  Her friend is in the class and told her.  That's fine. Brian was humbled by the class doing it.  I am excited to see it when I go home tonight....granted it will be dark.

Why do you eyes always feel thick in these hospital rooms?  Random thought, but I hate the feeling.  Not getting sleep, and nurses coming in reminds me of having babies.....LOL except we are here a little longer and I am the one on the guest bed (if you want to call it that)  I am not doped up and sitting pretty holding my little babies.....which reminds me of 'My Marshall'  Man!  He was my first, my son!  All mine (and Brian's too)  but he wasn't a sibling...which being the oldest of 11 kids that is all ever knew.  I took care of the kids, felt like a second mommy I just didn't give birth to them.....Man! It's definately easier being the sibling :0) but soooo worth it.  Anyway, I remember Marshall....the house was sooo quiet!  He was always smiling HUGE SMILE on his little round face!  Blond hair that mom joked that when I nursing him if you looked at me real quick it looked a boob!!!!! LOL  You couldn't really see his blonde hair,  I think I gave him his first hair cut gosh, after his 2nd Birthday!  Red lips, white teeth, red gums, red cheeks against his purdy white skin! 

He loved life as a baby and still hasn't changed one bit.  He is just bigger (and at the moment is asleep with a towel draped over his head-came out of the shower that way....all doped up).  He is not the chubby little dude, he is now the tall skinny dude that is worshiped by his siblings and adored by his parents.

I know all the kids are special and none of them can ever be replaced, but the first I think makes the biggest impression on you.  It states who and how you are gonna live your life for this soul that has been placed in your protecting and loving arms.  It is your first that you always learn from (Marshall reminds me that, but I have to remind him......I was the first too).  It is your first that you are the most careful of letting them go and be free (my youngest brother has it made man!  It was hell being me...LOL).  On the upside, the first gets the new clothes, hopefully a new/newer car and best seat in the car (unless you were born in my family-oldest were stuck in the back and youngest in front).  We kinda made a deal, oldest and youngest in the front seat!  Had no choice with Marshall's long legs...hee-hee

Hopefully, I can sleep tonight.  I guess I just have too much on my mind.  Wish I knew, then at least I could make some headway with something.  I know a lot of it has to do with my mom coming in.  She is going to be such a great help physically, mentally and emotionally.  I am needing her help with organizing the kids clothes....talk about overwhelming!!!!! 7 kids, 2 seasons of clothes to deal with....with each child.  Man, I need a house to house the clothes to be passed down.  At this point, I just want to get rid of them all.....but mom is real good at that and will help me get more organized.  They are all in rubbermaids and separated, but it seems that it just keeps adding up and I have no idea....ugh!  I hate the in between seasons when you need both sets of clothes.  House always has rubbermaids in the rooms for about a month.

Well, I best be going.  If we are gonna order food for dinner we need to do it now.

St Peregrine and Bl Pier Giorgio Frassati, pray for us

1 comment:

  1. I say, post as much as you want! I was just complaining at how busy my day was today, and how I just now sat down. Reading your posts makes me really appreciate the present moment. I love your honest words. I am so glad you started this bolg. It will not only be good therapy for you, but will help all of us unappreciative Mom's realize that our day could have been a lot tougher. I hate that you have to watch Marshall go through all this, but I know it will make you all even stronger. Remember, God doesn't call the equipped, he equips the called. Love you all!!

    ReplyDelete